Friday 16 August 2013

Parenting Skills of the Batkids:



Because I have a lot of feelings about parenting.

Dick: Possibly a bit unattentive, his child might end up injured a lot, but it seems obvious he’d be great. Unless he has to go through more crap, because I can see him crying on his kid’s shoulder. Really isn’t good at hiding emotion, and kids need you to be strong for them. Still, most secure-in-his-parent’s-love kid ever.

Babs: I think she’d be better than she’d think she was. She’d worry about being cold, but that worry would ensure she let down her walls when she needed too. Her kid would be desperate to be as strong as her, though. Really, Babs is very mature, and has a good role model, she’d do fine.

Jason: Eek. Oh, Jason. You would try SO HARD. Would it be enough? He has ISSUES. I think he would love that kid with every last breath, but I don’t think he could control his temper. Healthy people can’t when dealing with toddlers. I don’t think he would be willing to let any one else raise his child, but he’d also realize he wasn’t really the best person to do it. Hopefully there’d be another parent in the picture? I really don’t know how him parenting could be good. But I want him to succeed!

Tim: Canonically good with kids. I can see him pouring over whatever his kid is passionate about with them. He’d probably try to learn how to parent from books, though, because he really has no role models other than Dick. Might be cold and strict, just because he never really had a chance to be a child. Still he was great with Kon and Bart, he can’t be too bad.

Steph: She’d be okay. Loving, but emotional. She deals with anger by yelling at/hitting people, which might be okay when they’re teenage/adult boys, but would be hard to stop when dealing with a child. Her parents were pretty terrible, and Steph is awesome, but I can see her losing her temper and saying things she’d regret. Her kids would be supported no matter what, and grow up knowing they could be ANYTHING, though.

Cass: Can she read a toddler? Do they have recognizable emotions/reasoning? I think she would get help, possibly a nanny, but would actually be really good most of the time. But you really do need SOME chance to learn by experience. And she’d start off knowing nothing. I’d actually love to see a fic tackling this.

Damian: Oh dear. I’ll leave this for people who know him better. He seems to be learning how to show love?

Dick and Babs are the only ones who had role models, aren’t they? Because Steph’s mom didn’t start trying until she was a teen.

No comments:

Post a Comment